In 1945, AGBU Lebanon established its first Education Committee under the chairmanship of Mr. Puzant Yeghiayan. Since then, a number of schools have been established by AGBU to serve the Armenian Prelacy of Lebanon.
In Lebanon, for the past 90 years, the AGBU Schools have served our community, providing quality education to thousands of distinguished individuals, scholars and entrepreneurs. The Tarouhy Hagopian School for Girls was founded in 1939 and the Hovagimian Manougian School for Boys was founded in 1947. These schools grew over the years to become two prominent high schools with state of the art campuses. They were the first to adopt the Lebanese certificate and baccalaureate programs and were recognized for their high academic standards. Their graduates were readily accepted to universities and colleges. In parallel, the Levon G. Nazarian and Boghos K. Garmirian elementary and middle schools were established in 1962 and 1974 respectively as co-ed elementary schools. During the 2018-2019 academic year, these schools were consolidated in the renovated Antelias campus, under the name”AGBU Schools in Lebanon.”
For further information about the schools, please visit www.agbuschools.edu.lb
The current Education Committee is headed by Arda Yanikian.